Words are very powerful and important to people. Whenever you begin to express yourself, you are telling the universe "This is my life, my truth." God gave you the ability to speak for that very reason. Your personal truth is very powerful, so be wise in using your gift of words.
It is a well-known fact that words and other forms of self-expression, such as dancing have vibrations and are indeed energy within the universe. For those of you who understand the laws of attraction and manifesting, words are the "like attracts like" in the entire equation.
With the understanding that our words are magnets, we can begin to change what we say, the words we use in order to reflect our inner truth and manifest the life we truly desire and deserve. This doesn’t mean that you go out into the world with your opinions and judgments and belittle everyone that crosses your way. It does mean, however, that you take stock of what is truly important to you and realize that you are deserving of it, whatever that may be in your life.
It is important to remember during times to speak the truth instead of insulting people. It can be hard to calm yourself when it gets going, but remember that whatever you put out, you will get back from the universe, so make sure you are kind in your words, speaking the truth but not putting anyone down.
Here are ways in which you can get in touch with your truth:
- Make a list of what you desire and phrase it in the present tense:
- Find a hobby or become reacquainted with an old one. Play an instrument, write, journal, dance, go for a walk, cook, etc.
- Listen to your inner voice and shut out any negative thoughts. Tell them that they are "old news" and you don't need them anymore.
- Come up with fun affirmations and place them around your home.
- Breathe! Don't be so eager to respond in conversation or jump the gun when you are upset.
- Me-time is very important. Take a time out at least once a day to do something you enjoy.
There are many ways to express yourself:
One of the best things you can do is remember that these are forms of self-expression and whichever one helps you the most, just do it. These are your gifts and can be used to help you through any part of your life.